Saturday, October 5, 2013

Tracking

Tracking is currently used in parts of Europe, for example. Tracking creates an alteration to standard education by separating and growing to students in what they are best at. At an early age, teachers put students into classes that focus on one subject. This subject is what the student can complete most accurately and successfully. In my opinion, Tracking is similar to the communist system. They both have good intentions for a perfect world, but do not show complete positives.

Here is how tracking is great:

  • The workforce is stronger with people that are truly talented in their fields.
  • The school system will find what a student is proficient in at an early age.
  • Students learn with students that are on their same level and same subject continuously through schooling.
  • Teachers work with like-minded students and therefore do not need to work with "falling-behind" students.
  • School testing is increasingly higher because students are studying a subject they understand well.
Here is how tracking is bad:
  • Students have a harder time strengthening there passions rather than their starting strengths.
As you can see, there are more negatives than positives. With this in mind, it may be hard to believe that I think tracking is...

bad.

I love making music, and I love getting better at what I love. Although I may not be as good at music than I am at history, I want these to be reversed. Music should be my strength, not history. 

I hope that tracking does not limit people to what they do not want to do, but gives them the choice to succeed in something they love to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment