Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Outfly

I may be gullible...

But I'm not THAT gullible. Upperclassman think they can make dates and rumors up, but I know something the other freshman don't know. Outfly is not tomorrow. "It's tomorrow, it's tomorrow!" Pfft, what a joke. If it was tomorrow, it would be every day the past month. Zach Sommers said that too, and he's the one who made the date. Here are a list of facts that I know Outfly consists of:

FACT #1: Outfly is real
FACT #2: Outfly is before the weather gets too cold
FACT #3: Outfly will be when everyone least expects it

Looking at the facts, it is clear that Outfly is certainly uncertain. No one will know when Outfly is, because it is possible that the Outfly decision makers, including the president of Outfly, can change the date if need be. Outfly was supposed to be last Tuesday, but the weather was too unpleasant to continue with the plans. Therefore, Outfly was changed to a later date. Why not change the date once more, when everyone believes Outfly to be tomorrow? I'll tell you one thing- if I were student body president of Wartburg, I would make sure that people were surprised. When the whole campus, including teachers, assume classes being dismissed the next day, I would make sure to have some fun with the power I have in choosing the Outfly date.

Let's be honest, I would love Outfly to be tomorrow. I wish it would have been today, but we need to use our cognitive thinking as freshman. Look around you: do you hear everyone talking about Outfly? It's true, and you may have joined them, but remember: Outfly will never be when everyone thinks it is. What fun would that be? I understand that we all know when Christmas is, but it is the idea of wondering exactly when the presents arrive. We'll never know when the presents get here, or when Outfly gets here. Get homework done and plenty of rest, and who knows? Tomorrow could be a great day without any work to do whatsoever, and it just so happens to be Outfly. Me, however, I am betting someone five bones that Outfly is not tomorrow, so let us agree to disagree it is not tomorrow, but instead, Friday.

Yay for Outfly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment