Sunday, December 8, 2013

Dreams Without Money

Blog made on September 1st

When life gives you lemons, why start with lemonade? Whatever life places in our hands, do we have to use it? If we do, I'd rather make lemon drops, or lemon cake. I would like to be out of the ordinary. Life in the world today relies on the strength of money according to success. Dreaming a dream job without money in mind is a little bit of a struggle for me. The reason for this is because I do not want a job at all, I want to be a traveling wanderer. New York's sights and car horns, Switzerland's wavy hills and smooth chocolate, and the memory foamed sand of the shore. Ask me where I would like to work the most and I would think about it. I'm still not sure. I know I want to be in the next famous band as lead but who knows if that would ever happen? Noone just makes the NBA and the NASA squad, it's all about luck and practice. I have the practice part down, but I need to work on the luck part. But imagine that: me in an all-time band? I would be so happy I'd rock myself to an Emmy Award no problem. But how do I get there? I could send some clips to MGM and Hollywood Records and try to be the next Joe Bro, or maybe jam my way through college and get seen by a special agent from a headquarters in California. I would find my band members on the border of Memphis and begin our rockstar legend. With my companions, we would rule the music world, conquering town after town, city after city, and then state after state, and then spanning the entire globe to prove one point: we can rock peoples' socks off. I would not mind being an architect either, as long as I don't have to do the math. I'll think up the creative ideas and how it will work with rough estimates of weight and size, but not the exact measurements that go along with it. I have always dreamed of making tree houses for a living. Not regular wooden boxes laying in a tree, but beautiful, well thought through, amazing tree houses that a kid could marvel at. I watched Extreme Tree Houses once on HGTV and loved seeing all the interesting ideas. But what I'll make is better. I dream of marvelous oaks with diamond shaped windows and sunlit green rooms. Smoothie machines, cinemas, and presidential suites line these tree houses. Just recently, I thought of making a treehouse at Wartburg for a project of some sort. This tree would be fake and wrap around a chain of tree houses that you must climb a ladder to get on. The houses are reserved for study only, not for sleeping in. Now, if I could do anything without worry of money, this is all I would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment