Sunday, September 22, 2013

Homework and Hospitalization

"Homework- Hospitalization," do these words go together? I was hoping they wouldn't for me. They are now.

Look, I'm a great student, but that doesn't mean I face the consequences of homework being a big pain. Like a demanding sport, there is great reward, but it hurts something awful. A typical day for me looks like this:

Step 1: Go to class
Step 2: When is lunch at again?
Step 3: Eat
Step 4: Hang out with friends
Step 5: Go to Band
Step 6: Practice piano and percussion? Pffft not today.
Step 7: Hang out with friends
Step 8: Do I have a lot of homework?
Step 9: That girl is pretty cute
Step 10: It's 11:00 and I haven't done much homework for Wednesday yet?

Like a clock thrown out of the window, time quickly leaves my gaze. In time's defense, however, I had enough time in the first place. Now it's time to make a schedule, one that I can focus on and complete successfully. As a music therapy/music ed major, homework is everything. It fills up time and tells me to say no when my friends want to hang out, and tells me I cannot when I want to play video games.

As a high school student, life wasn't much different for me. Homework came and went, but I never went with it- until the very last minute. It's such a hilarious process. Everyone wants Outfly to be the day of a test or exam, or even that homework is due. But unfortunately and realistically, Outfly does not erase the test, exam, or homework due date. All it does is create another day to worry about it and do it. So instead of waiting for the end of the day, why not do homework during the day and wait for the end of your movie at the end of the day, or whatever it is that you want to do, and get some quality sleep.

Sleep: what another important topic that goes along with homework every so wonderfully. "A page of homework a day keeps the sandman from break." - Andrew Hoyt. This quote explains that if you do your homework at the time is should be done during the day, sleep will be yours for the taking. It is such a true quote, and I wish I would live by it.

Homework has caused me quite a bit of worry, when all I have to do is write my worries away.

No comments:

Post a Comment