Sunday, September 15, 2013

Dam Collapse in Colorado

When the topic of the flood in Colorado came up in our Scholars discussion, I didn't know what to think. I have never faced much in my life according to death, loss of property, or loss of finances. Truly, I am blessed. I sometimes wish that I could relate to people so I have more of a right to give them  my condolences. After all, I've only been a kid recently-just a kid who doesn't understand what everyone else does. And now that I'm older, I can relate more, but alas... I cannot relate to a terrible occurrence I had in my own life. When the time comes and when I face something horrible, I wonder how I will take it.

Although I cannot share my own story, I do feel very passionate in making people feel better. It not only gives them a smile, but me a smile in return. Music Therapy is just the way to do this my whole life, where I can play music for people and give them a smile anytime I see it gone.

A trip to Colorado would be so beneficial and so much fun! We could help build after some of the water is gone during the winter or the spring. I think it would be a great experience we all would be grateful for too. Kelsey would lead the group, perhaps, and tell us where help may be needed most. Or, we could go through a help group already present in Boulder, Colorado and see what they would like us to do.

With all the problems we face as people, I hope there are people there to comfort them and help them get through.


No comments:

Post a Comment