Wednesday, November 20, 2013

My Name is Khan

What a great movie! I love the idea. This movie clearly shows that people with religious and physical/mental minorities can be implemented in society, depending on level of minority, and tells us that everyone should be treated fairly. I also love the romance idea to the movie, although I hate to admit it. When you think about it, how Khan is trying to see the president, he is really going after his dreams. I mean, who would have the mindset to meet the president on their own and go with it methodically? Well, a lot of people. But the way Khan is pursuing this dream, and because no one else really feels the same way he does, it is quite surprising. I am so glad I had a chance to watch this movie.  What intrigues me is that Khan has had no way to communicate he feelings when he was a kid, but has grown to understand how to show his feelings through actions, words, and writings. This story can be used in our own lives:

First off, be kind to others that may seem different then you. If we treat each other in a kind manner, than we can learn from one another and grow with this experience. Mingling with others is key to success. I find it very exciting and interesting to talk with random people. Of course, it makes the situation less awkward, such as standing in a long line or waiting for something, but it also gives me great insight on my outside world and what I can do with my impact in the world everyday.

Second, love can be found anywhere. Whether by looks, personality, time and place, or all 3: love is not a set thing. Usually, I tell myself: the girl that I will marry will be this, this and this, but in reality, the woman I marry may be someone I have never dreamed of.

Third, fear is only a frame of mind. If we step past our fear, we can help diminish the barrier between our dreams and the place we want to be. I love playing ukulele for people and an audience. This is mainly because I feel a sense of accomplishment; I feel that every performance makes me better. It is as if I think to myself, 'For every performance, I could play for the world." I like to think this way.

What a great choice! My Name is Khan is informative on the matter of minorities and our everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment